Canada Work Visa: Can You Get a Work Permit Visa From Canada?
Many foreign citizens seeking work opportunities migrate to Canada. The country has a strong as well as a diverse economy, with high aspects of health and safety in workplaces, competitive wages, and numerous opportunities for professional advancement. Furthermore, Job opportunities in Canada are an excellent place to start for those looking to permanently relocate to the country.
Hundreds and thousands of work permits are issued by Canada each year to people from all over the world. This is largely attributable to Canada's desire to attract international talent to help it achieve its economic and social goals. Canada issues work permits to foreign workers in order to meet the country's economic as well as labor market demands. Work permits are also issued for social reasons, such as keeping families together in Canada and strengthening cultural connections with partner countries. If you are one of the Canadian Immigrants looking to acquire a work permit in Canada, read on to know more about this.
Canada Work Permit Visa and how it works:
A Work Permit, also known as a Work Visa, is a document that allows eligible foreign nationals to work in Canada for a set period of time. Only after receiving an offer letter or an employment agreement from a Canadian employer, people should apply for a Work Visa. Business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students, and anyone else can work in Canada with the Canadian Work Permit Visa. In order to apply for a work permit visa, most applicants must have a job offer letter.
Work permits necessitate a job offer from a Canadian employer and the employer should apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to be eligible to invite foreign workers. Thus, to be honest, until you are someone who the concerned employer would not want to let go and would do the required efforts to get you overseas, employers usually avoid such situations and only go for Canadian residents for their work requirements. Another way that some immigration consultants offer to simplify this route is a fake work permit. Immigration consultants have links with employers who agree to meet the necessary requirements in exchange for heavy costs.
But this is all a myth that will eventually lead you in trouble because mostly in such cases neither you will get the required work permit, nor will be able to work, and even in fact you run the risk of presenting false documents - that can pose an extreme danger to your PR application and your eligibility. Thus, it is always best to consult an RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) like Pelican Migration Consultants; who are legally authorized by the Canadian Government to represent immigrants in their application process and who will guide you to the right path.
Benefits of working in Canada
Working in Canada has numerous advantages. Canadian labor regulations dictate that workplaces are safe and therefore all employers obey certain laws and regulations to protect their employees' health and safety. Furthermore, Canadian wages are productive, and foreign nationals must be paid at least as much as their Canadian counterparts.
Finally, several Canadian work permits allow workers' spouses and children to join them in Canada. A foreign national may significantly raise their eligibility for a multitude of Canadian permanent residency programs by gaining Canadian work experience. This is a substantial advantage for those involved in immigrating to Canada permanently. The following programs provide value for Canadian work experience to different extents:
- Express Entry
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
- Quebec Immigration Programs
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
You can learn about each of these programs here: Guide: Applying for Canadian PR Visa
Eligibility Requirements for Canadian Work Permit
Applicants must provide proof that they are qualified to accept the job offer. The following are the general requirements for eligibility:
- Provide proof to an officer that you will leave Canada when your Work Permit expires.
- Have documents proving that you and your family will be able to support themselves and their families during your stay in Canada.
- Have no criminal history and provide a police security clearance as proof.
- Are not a security threat to Canada
- Must be in good health and willing to undergo a medical examination if necessary.
- Have no intention of working for an employer who has been deemed ineligible by the government due to a failure to meet certain requirements.
- Have no intention of working for a company that provides erotic dance, escort services, striptease, as well as erotic massages.
- To qualify for entry to Canada, you must be prepared to provide any documents requested by officers.
- A valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned date of entry into Canada.
- Two passport-sized photos taken recently
- Certificates of educational attainment
- Professional qualifications, including work experience, must be demonstrated.
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses while in Canada.
- Medical examinations must be performed in licensed hospitals.
- The cost of the application
What are you entitled to after obtaining a work visa?
You can do the following with a Canada Work Permit Visa:
- Work for the employer you listed on your work permit process in Canada.
- Possess the ability to qualify for Dependent Visas in order to contact your family members.
- Earn money in US dollars.
- Experiencing travels throughout Canada
- Later, you can apply for a permanent residency visa as well.
Types of work permits:
Obtaining a work permit in Canada can be done in a variety of ways. Some work permits necessitate a job offer from a Canadian employer, those around requiring the employer to provide such a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), and still, others necessitate a connection to Canada (previous education, spousal sponsorship, etc.). Please see the following categories to find the work permit that best suits your skills and experience:
- An assessment of the labor market's impact is required (LMIA): The company must obtain an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) from ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada), which allows them to hire foreign skilled workers for jobs that cannot be filled by Canadian citizens or permanent residents. The Temporary Foreign Worker Program is one such program necessitating the LMIA. There is a step by step process involved in TFWP applying for a Canada Work Permit Visa which is:
- Employer should apply for LMIA (Labour Market Impact assessment)
- Issuing Temporary job offer for the right Candidate
- Work Permit Visa Application Process
- Issuing Work Permit Visa
You can learn more about the whole procedure here: How to get a Canada job offer or Canada work permit from Dubai?
- LMIA-Exempt but requiring a job offer or employment contract: The International Mobility Program (IMP) was created to promote Canada's various economic and social interests. The IMP does not require an LMIA. An employer or even a foreign worker can lead the process of obtaining a work permit underneath the IMP. If a recruiter has a vacancy as well as a foreign worker qualifies for an IMP stream, the foreign worker can be hired. Furthermore, a foreign worker covered by the IMP is free to work for any employer of their choice. NAFTA Work Permits, CETA Work Permits, and Intra-Company Transfers are also included in this category.
- Open Work Permits (no job offer or LMIA required): You can work for any employer if you have an open work permit. Because this visa is indeed not job-specific, applicants do not need to submit a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a letter of employment from a company that has paid the conformance fee. An Open Work Permit is available to holders of the following visas:
- Temporary Work Permits for spouses
- Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Temporary Resident Permit
- World Youth Program Permit
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Spousal Permit
- Regular Open Work Permit
- Bridging Open Work Permit
These are just a few of the many options for legally entering and working in Canada. It's obvious that navigating Canada's work permit systems can be intimidating at first, but you don't have to be. There is a lot of help available to assist you in determining the best option for you.
How To Apply for Jobs In Canada Easily?
- Make a CV that bypasses filters.
The majority of businesses delegate the task of sorting CVs to a tool known as an "Application Tracking System" based on keywords, cv formats, consistency, photo profiles, and so on. So, in order to get the most responses, try seeking professional expertise.
- Choose the best sources for applying for jobs
To get recognized by businesses, you must use a multi-channel approach. Posting jobs on multiple Canadian job portals, using social media, contacting Canadian HR consultants, as well as applying for recent positions directly on the company's website will help you yield responses quickly.
- Apply for the PR Visa
An individual must have a work permit visa or perhaps a Canadian Permanent Residency Card in terms of working in Canada. Having a Canada PR increases your chances threefold. The company will look for candidates who have the legal right to work in Canada and are not sponsored by the company. You can learn more about the whole process here: How to go to Canada for a job?
Obtaining your PR visa for Canada can be a time-consuming and complicated process; however, the assistance of an immigration lawyer can help make the process a lot easier. Remember, if you choose to move to Canada from Dubai, do not forget to contact the Best Immigration Consultants in Dubai for appropriate and adequate assistance because the immigration process is not that straightforward, and having a team who has the right experience and expertise will make hundreds of things easier for you!
Would You Like to Migrate to Canada from Dubai?
At Pelican Migration Consultants, our primary goal is to offer you all the necessary information you require to make the right decisions. We help you plan and manage your immigration to Canada and eventually lead a successful life in the country of your dreams. What’s more, we don’t make you spend a penny more or wait a day longer until and unless it is out of our control.
Because of the continuously changing immigration standards and regulations, which are hard to interpret and pursue, it is best to contact Canada Immigration Consultants who can assist and guide you throughout the process. We provide professional one-to-one assistance ensuring you give your best in front of the Canada immigration Department. We help the clients in analyzing the clients' chances of being granted a visa, then preparing clients and giving feedback for VISA interviews, developing a customized immigration strategic plan for each client separately.