New immigration pathways for Tech Workers in Alberta
Alberta is an affluent province with abundant natural resources plus natural beauty. Alberta is the most populated of the country's three 'Prairie provinces,' and therefore is home to two of the country's biggest cities, Calgary and Edmonton. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) allows the province to welcome immigrants who have the necessary combination of skills and expertise. Apart from that Alberta accepts immigrants through Express Entry System and many other immigration programs. But recently, a new fast-track immigration programme for tech workers is being launched in Alberta. Read on to know more about the program and how immigrants can apply for that.
Declaration of The Accelerated Tech Pathway
Tyler Shandro, Alberta's immigration minister, officially confirmed the Accelerated Tech Pathway on January 13th, 2022. In December itself, the province started receiving applications for the new program. To be able to qualify, tech professionals must have an Express Entry profile with the federal government and also be eligible for the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
According to the Alberta Enterprise Corporation, Alberta has over 3,000 technology companies. According to the 2021 Alberta Technology Deal Flow Study, Alberta's tech sector has been growing 233 percent since 2012. However, tech companies continue to have difficulty finding workers, particularly sales and technical talent. Thus, by providing an efficient pathway of permanent residence for technically talented professionals who would like to live and work in Alberta, the Accelerated Tech Pathway will enable Alberta's Recovery Plan and strengthen the province's workforce.
As per the Minister of Labour and Immigration of Alberta- Tyler Shandro: “The faster we can fill these jobs with skilled and qualified workers, the stronger our overall recovery will be – and that helps all Albertans, no matter where they live or what they do. With our low taxes, amazing quality of life, and reasonable cost of living, Alberta is already becoming a magnet for people seeking opportunity. We’re taking action to make Alberta even more attractive for tech workers.”
He added, “Under this new pathway, tech professionals from across Canada and overseas can become permanent residents in as little as six months if they have a job offer in an in-demand tech industry occupation. Along with priority application processing, tech professionals will also receive a letter of support from the Government of Alberta if they require a work permit.” Thus, the Accelerated Tech Pathway is going to be an excellent opportunity for tech professionals looking to work and settle in Alberta, Canada.
The application process for the Accelerated Tech Pathway is as follows:
To be chosen for expedited sorting under the Accelerated Tech Pathway, you must first be qualified for the Alberta Express Entry Stream. There are three steps to the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP):
Step-1: Create an Express Entry profile in the system.
The first step is to be accepted into the Express Entry applicant pool. The Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, or the Federal Skilled Trades Program are the three immigration programs considered under the Express Entry system for skilled workers. You must be eligible for one of them and you can apply for the Express Entry Profile through that pathway.
Register through the online form for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program to apply for the Accelerated Tech Pathway. You give data about your Express Entry profile as well as your tech job in Alberta using this form. Express Entry candidates must have an offer letter or be operating in an eligible profession for an Alberta-based company to be qualified for the tech pathway. The following are the 23 eligible occupations, in a sequence of their National Occupational Classification (NOC) code:
- 0013 Senior managers – financial, communications, and other business services
- 0112 Human resources managers
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers manager
- 0211 Engineering managers
- 0212 Architecture and science managers
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting, and performing arts
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations
- 1121 Human resources professionals
- 1223 Human resources and recruitment officers
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2161 Mathematicians, statisticians, and actuaries
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2232 Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
- 2233 Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2253 Drafting technologists and technicians 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
- 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health)
- 4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
- 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers, and related occupations
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 7242 Industrial electricians
- 7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
Step-2: Your eligibility is determined by AINP.
The AINP verifies that you meet the Alberta Express Entry Stream's minimal level eligibility requirements. If this is the case, you will receive an email from the AINP welcoming you to qualify for a provincial nomination. You will not be able to apply without such an invitation, and you will not be able to apply using a nomination from a different AINP stream.
Step-3: Submit your Accelerated Tech Pathway application:
You must ascertain if you meet the performance standards after receiving the invitation letter from Alberta. If the AINP finds fraud or false representation in an application, you may be barred from applying again for up to five years. Completed applications are added to a pool of those who are eligible. These forms for a provincial nomination are reviewed by the AINP. You have 30 days to acknowledge a nomination from Alberta by using your online Express Entry profile. Your Express Entry score will be increased by 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points after this.
Although the nomination doesn't really guarantee that you will definitely become a permanent resident, it does place you at the upper edge of the Express Entry pool. Once the federal government, the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC), has sent you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in an Express Entry draw, you will be able to apply for permanent residence.
Would You Like to Migrate to Canada through The Accelerated Tech Pathway?
Because of the continuously changing immigration standards and regulations, it is best to contact Canada Immigration Consultants who can assist and guide you throughout the process. At Pelican Migration Consultants, our primary goal is to offer you all the necessary information you require to make the right decisions. We are one of the best immigration consultants in Dubai and a licensed consultant to help you plan and manage your immigration to Canada and eventually lead a successful life in the country of your dreams. What’s more, we don’t make you spend a penny more or wait a day longer until and unless it is out of our control.
We provide professional one-to-one assistance ensuring you give your best in front of the Canada immigration Department. We help the clients in analyzing the clients' chances of being granted a visa, then preparing clients and giving feedback for VISA interviews, developing a customized immigration strategic plan for each client separately. Best Wishes!