UK Visit Visa
UK Visit Visa
The UK’s scenic beauty and diverse culture has always attracted people from faraway places to visit the country. It is the 6th biggest tourist destination in the world. UK offers amazing tourist activities and attractions as well as provides the best health care in the world. If you are on tour visit the iconic landmarks of UK. It offers wonderful Scottish castles if you are intended to do a destination wedding. The possibilities of exploring the country are endless.
To enter the country to enjoy what it has to offer, requires an entry permit in the form of visa. UK offers short term visa for its visitors seeking short stay jut to take the benefits and the beauty the kingdom has to offer.
- Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW)
The passport holders of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or the United Arab Emirates are eligible for an Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) to visit the UK. The visa offers short stays for a maximum period of 6 months. It’s an online visa issued within several hours of application.
The applicants can visit the country for the following purposes under the Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) and it is not necessary to have family or friends in U.K.
Visiting purposes—Leisure, business, study, friends and family visit, sports and creative events participation, for private medical treatment or simply visiting the country exploring many attractions and options for further stays in the UK.
EVW can be applied as an individual, as a family or group for single entry purpose and the visa is automatically linked to the passport with which the applicant will be travelling.
Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) Requirements.
In order to apply under the Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) the following requirements must be satisfied by the applicants:
- Hold a current valid passport,
- Hold an address in the intended place of stay in UK,
- Travel itinerary and
- Application submission within 3 months and 48 hours before the intended travel to the UK.
- The Standard Visitor Visa
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the below 9 categories:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
- friends and family visit,
- sports and creative events participation,
- for private medical treatment or
- Simply visiting the country exploring many attractions and options for further stays in the UK.
Standard Visitor visa can also be applied for conducting short term business activities, like:
- Attending business conference, meeting or training
- Attending specific sports-related event
- Entertainers— artist, entertainer or musician for performance in UK
- Academics—conducting research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme
- Doctor or dentist for a clinical attachment or observer post
- Participating in the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Proposed Investors for an exploratory visit to UK
Tourists can explore the whole of UK enjoying the famous landmarks of the country in the Standard visitor Visa. The UK entitles the tourist also for short studies on general interest, self-improvement or to upgrade the language proficiency English.
UK visitor visa allows the proposed visits to explore hi-tech educational institutions for pursuing course for studies etc. The duration of the proposed stay as a Tourist shall be up to 6 months in a row for any of the purposes mentioned below.
However the applicants under the visitor visa shall demonstrate to the UK Immigration –
- Financially ability to support their travel and stay in UK or;
- They have a family member in the UK providing assistance for their travel and stay.
- No paid or unpaid employment shall be taken up in the country.
- Normal duration of 6 months of stay
- for private medical treatment, up to 11 months of stay
- for research by an academic on sabbatical--12months for self and spouse or partner.
- Marriage Visitor Visa
UK being a serious marriage destination, a Marriage Visitor Visa will serve the purpose to get married in UK. The much sought destination being Scottish Castles.
To qualify under the marriage visitor visa the below given requirements must be met:
- Age of the applicant shall be 18 years or over;
- The relationship should be genuine;
- The notice of marriage or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months or arrival;
- Intended duration of visit in UK should be for less than 6 months and should leave at the end of authorized period of stay;
- Should have enough funds to support they stay in U.K without working;
Marriage Visitor Visa Entitles an applicant for a maximum period of six (6) months.
Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa
This category of visa is for parents who wish to accompany their child for studies in UK. The main intention is to provide child care for the kids attending school. The visa period is for 6 months or 12 months.
- child who is studying at or about to start studying at an independent fee-paying day school in the UK or have a Tier 4 (Child) Visa,
- enough funds to support themselves during the stay;
- should have a second home outside the UK,
- plan to leave the UK at the end of the visit,
- must meet the return journey cost
Duration of stay
- Travelling under an ADS agreement-30 days
- Visiting family or tourism-maximum 6 months
- Visiting for a private medical treatment-maximum 11 months
- An academician completing a research project-Maximum 12 months.
The normal processing time of the U.K visa is almost 8 weeks. The visitor visa requirements for UK are easy to understand however the actual processing involves the right documentation and drafting. To understand the right documentation and complete steps of the processing, contact Pelican Migration Consultants. Pelican Migration Consultant’s UK visa professional will attend to your queries and will provide the right visitor visa category for you.