How Can I Get Canada PR Visa?
If moving to Canada is your ambition, rest assured that the country has one of the most straightforward immigration laws in the world. The Canadian government intends to welcome approximately 200,000 new immigrants from across the world each year. Canada's new Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024 calls for roughly 432,000 new immigrants to arrive this year, the greatest number in history. As a result, Canada is an excellent place for newcomers to settle and get Canadian Permanent Residence.
Why is Canada a popular destination for immigrants?
Canada is a developed country with a strong economy and infrastructure. It has the world's 16th greatest nominal per capita income and the 12th highest Human Development Index rating (H.D.I). Its advanced economy is the world's tenth biggest, owing to its abundant natural resources and well-developed international trade networks.
Canada is a more enticing place to live since it has more lakes than the rest of the globe combined. It's a naturalist's an explorer's paradise. In addition, Canada is a country that appreciates its citizens. A variety of social assistance programs are offered by the government.
Up to the 12th grade, both the federal and provincial governments provide free healthcare and education. Furthermore, with over half of its population possessing a university degree, Canada is the world's most educated country.
As a result, many candidates seek Permanent Residence in Canada on the basis of these desired attributes.
Who is a Permanent Resident of Canada?
A Canadian Permanent Resident is someone who can lawfully live in Canada but is not a Canadian citizen. The Canadian government has granted him permanent residency. A person having Canada PR enjoys all of the same rights as a Canadian citizen. A foreign student or worker in Canada is not considered a permanent resident. Foreign employees are not entitled to the same benefits and rights as permanent residents.
Applicants can seek permanent residency in Canada through a variety of immigration processes. An immigrant must apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada to be granted residence status (IRCC). The permanent resident card permits an immigrant to seek Canadian citizenship after five years in the country.
Make sure you have all of the essential paperwork from the Canadian government before applying for permanent residency.
Immigration Programs in Canada
The Express Entry Canada Program, The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP), the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs), and other immigration programs can help you migrate to Canada and get a permanent residence visa. The total points you receive based on your profile criteria, such as age, language ability, education, work experience, and other factors, decide whether you are qualified for a resident card. you can apply for a permanent residence visa through a variety of immigration programs or visa categories.
How is a Permanent Resident (PR) visa obtained?
To obtain a Canada PR visa, you must first apply. The applications are thoroughly reviewed. The eligibility for a Canada PR visa is determined by a points-based system. The applicants are evaluated based on factors such as age, language, education, and job experience.
Canada has a variety of immigration schemes via which you can apply for permanent residency. The most popular of these are:
- Express Entry program
- Provincial nominee program
- Family class program
- Business-class program
- Experience class program
Express Entry Program
A potential immigrant who wishes to relocate to Canada can apply for a visa under one of three economic programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) has several streams that are linked with Express Entry. As a result, immigrants can apply for Canada PR and citizenship through the PNP Express Entry linked streams.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
1. To begin, you must establish an Express Entry profile. Following that, you will be able to pick the provinces where you want to apply for the PNP.
2. The next step is to apply to the various streams. A stream is just the classification of several sorts of PNP categories. For example, if a person has completed post-graduate studies in Canada, he will be placed in a separate stream. Similarly, if a candidate is a skilled worker, such as a software engineer or a lawyer, a distinct stream will be created for him. A Canadian province shortlists and nominates an applicant for permanent residency in this manner. The provinces open the opportunity to apply for immigration just for a few hours, and there is no advance information, so you must keep an eye on their websites and be proactive since the nominee programs are first-come, first-served.
3. The third stage is to get a letter of invitation to apply for permanent residency. After getting an invitation, you have 60 days to complete your application form to be eligible for immigration to a certain province.
Family Class Program
Anyone over 18 who is eligible for PR / Canadian citizenship can sponsor their family to come to Canada and legally live, study and work. In Canada, family sponsorship requests began.
- Travel limitations are the least restrictive for those who apply thanks to the sponsorship of the family class.
- The nation will be open to all PRS and family members of Canadian citizens. The Canadian Immigration Department is also investigating the applicants' partners and their requests, which will contribute to the filing of the full case.
- Applicants flying by air must meet particular airline standards, such as completing a health checkup before boarding the aircraft, which is administered by the airline authorities, and persons displaying signs of covid would be denied entry into Canada through flights.
- Visiting Canada necessitates planning. When you arrive in Canada, you must pass another health check before leaving the port of entry. In addition, even if you have no symptoms, you must be quarantined for 14 days.
- Only people who perform critical services are exempt from quarantine laws. Truck drivers, for example, who routinely contribute to the transportation of products across borders do not need to quarantine themselves.
Business Class Program
Canada's Enterprise Class immigration policies are designed to attract those with significant potential to contribute to the Canadian economy. These uses may be discovered to stimulate economic growth and improve the job market by attracting investors, entrepreneurs, and self-employed persons from outside Canada who have access to venture money, strong business acumen, and entrepreneurial talents. By recruiting foreign nationals who are familiar with these markets, Business Class immigration aims to establish new industrial prospects in Canada and to improve Canada's access to burgeoning global markets.
There are various immigration options from which to pick, regardless of whether this choice sounds well-suited to your experience and aspirations. You can apply through one of the state-sponsored applications, such as the Quebec business immigration applications, or through the federal government, depending on where you wish to live.
Experience Class Program
Canadian experience class is the flow of express entry programs developed by the Canadian government in collaboration with Canadian immigrants, refugees, and citizenship for foreign workers who meet the requirements with previous work experience in Canada and the desire to 'immigrate and become permanent residents in Canada.
Requirements for Eligibility
- You must be able to write, read, comprehend, and speak the required languages in English or French.
- In the three years preceding your application, you must have completed at least one year of skilled employment in Canada. This 1560-hour experience might be similar to a year's worth of full-time employment at 30 hours per week or a part-time job (15 hours every week for two years).
- To achieve the needed labor hours, you might have worked several part-time or full-time jobs.
- Work experience must have been obtained while temporarily residing in Canada. You must also have worked in Canada before.
What papers are needed to apply for different types of permanent residency visas in Canada?
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is a language testing system that provides results.
- If you apply through the Federal Skilled Workers Program, you must submit an ECA (Education Credential Assessment).
- enough money to back up your application (Financial proof)
- Certificates, diplomas, and sponsor certificates are all examples of educational credentials.
- Documents supporting the application must be original copies and legally translated.
- Birth certificate or other proof of age
- A job offer, a reference letter, and paystubs are all examples of employment documentation.
- Certificates of Good Health and Police Clearance
- A passport (travel document)
Canada PR Visa processing time
The time it takes to receive a Permanent Resident Visa in Canada is governed by the immigration program you apply for, such as the Express Entry System, the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, or any Provincial Nominee Program. Your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score determines which visa applications are chosen and granted. Once you have received an invitation, it normally takes 4-6 months to complete your application for permanent residency.
Benefits of getting a Canada PR Visa
Permanent residents have various advantages in the nation. Some of these are listed below:
- A resident visa includes both a study permit and a work permit. So, with the work permits, you may work anyplace in Canada.
- You can apply for Canadian citizenship (once you become eligible)
- Social and family security services
- Canadian law protects you.
- You can acquire health care and most of the other privileges that a Canadian citizen gets.
- Free education for children and social assistance for the entire family
- Accessibility to the United States
The Canada PR visa has its own set of privileges, limits, and entrance requirements. As a result, having a competent Canadian immigration consultant on your side is crucial to your success. Canada PR Visa grants you the same rights as Canadian citizens, including access to healthcare and social benefits, employment possibilities, and protection under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Pelican Migration Consultants' main goal is to offer you all of the information you need to make the best decisions. We are one of the best Immigration consultants in Dubai. We help you plan and manage your immigration to Canada and then lead a successful life in the country of your dreams. Furthermore, unless it is beyond our control, we will not make you spend a penny more or wait a day longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I simply obtain PR in Canada?
Ans: The Express Entry program is often regarded as the simplest way to come to Canada. The Express Entry Draw score of 772 was recently revealed on April 27th, 2022. Once the individual has received the score, they may quickly begin the Canada PR visa procedure.
2. Is it possible to receive a Canadian PR visa without a work offer?
Ans: You can immigrate to Canada even if you do not have a work offer. There are immigration programs that allow you to apply for permanent residency in Canada without having a job offer, such as the Express Entry System and the Provincial Nominee Program. With or without a work offer, you can apply for immigration.
3. How much of a score is required for Canada PR?
Ans: To be eligible for a PR visa under the Express Entry system, you must first acquire a score of 67 out of 100. After proving your eligibility, you must also have a high CRS score. Continue reading to find out how. The CRS system has a maximum of 1200 points.
4. Who is qualified for Canada PR?
Ans: You must be aged 21 to 55. Your education should consist of a Canadian high school diploma or similar. According to the Canadian Language Benchmark, you should be able to communicate in English or French (CLB). Your profile must be registered in Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada's Express Entry system.
5. How long may a Canadian PR holder stay outside of Canada?
Ans: Canadian PR Cards are good for 5 years and allow you to freely travel outside of Canada during that time.